Get into wind with STL USA's WindStart program
Funding is available for individuals via the Workforce Innovation and Opportunites Act (WIOA), contributing up to $4,500 towards course fees.
Are you an employer in wind? Talk to us about how to take advantage of the program.
State-of-the-art training facilities
The perfect entry point to the wind industry
STL USA specializes in teaching new and experienced wind technicians across a variety of disciplines and accreditations. This includes a complete range of GWO accreditations (the industry standard), NFPA 70E electrical safety training and a full spectrum of introductory and intermediate technical courses across all aspects of the common platforms (GE, Siemens, Vestas etc)
Our state-of-the-art facilities located across 2 sites in Abilene Texas enable us to deliver high-quality training, using equipment technicians have in the field, delivered by highly experienced and respected instructors.
Why Windstart and the wind industry?
The wind sector is growing quickly across the USA as the nation looks to diversify its energy sources. Initiatives like the Inflation Reduction Act are providing significant funding for wind projects and all this against a backdrop of an industry crying out for new workers. WindStart puts employees in pole position to be hired onto high paying jobs.
- Wind salaries are way above national averages
- Renewable energy will need 500,000 plus new workers by 2030
- Projects continue to launch at pace, the industry is desperate for new talent
- WindStart provides all the standard accreditations wind tech’s need to get straight to work
wind technician technical training in texas
3 week accreditation course
- GWO – Basic Safety, Basic Technical, plus elective (Advanced Rescue and BTT Installation, or Control of Hazardous Energy and BTT Installation)
- NFPA 70E Low and High Voltage
- Free access to WindTech.careers job portal
4 week accreditation + technical course
- All of the above, plus
- 5 day technical introduction to wind turbines (Schematics, Troubleshoot, Motor controls, DMM, AC/DC basics)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license
- Willingness to travel for training
- Willingness to relocate across the US
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders while carrying up to 50 lbs in weight
financial aid options
Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA)
- For those without current employment
- Must be Texas based
- Financial aid up to $4,500 towards course fees
Sallie Mae – student Funding Eligible
- Sallie Mae Smart Option Student Loan for Undergraduate Students
- Flexible terms to cover 100% of course fees
COMING SOON – Apprenticeship
- Longer term learning and on the job training
- Financial aid and sustainable salary available
options for employers
On the job training
- Pre-vet candidates via on-the-job training
- Options to hire
- Significant savings on training and hiring fees
- Send new hires to state-funded training before they commence employment.
- Tailor training to your specific needs
- Big savings on training and hiring
Solve employment challenges
WindStart trains students coming into wind energy with transferable skills. The program teaches a basic overview of the main wind turbine. elements. Plus, all students receive the full suite of GWO accreditations required to work in the sector.
Employers have the opportunity to vet candidates passing through the program, can offer on-the-job training, and have the option to hire.
Make WindStart part of your hiring process.
Hiring and training are 2 of the biggest expenses employers face as the wind energy sector grows.
By integrating WindStart into hiring programs employers can take advantage of state funding support to reduce training costs by up to 60%. The flexibility built into the WindStart program means those employers can also shape what training students receive to further reduce costs and time spent on in-house training.
WHY SAFETY TECHNOLOGY USA?
- 25+ years global expereince teaching wind technicians
- Skilled instructors with a minimum 5+ years in the field
- Premier Global Wind Organisation (GWO) training center
- Certified for a variety of industry must have qualification such as NFPA 70E
- 100+ industry customers use STL USA training
- Unrivalled connections throughout the wind indutry
- Dedicated careers division WindTech.careers
High quality faciltiies
- Multiple classrooms and workshops
- State-of-the-art wind components, tools, and equipment
- Climbing tower, advanced rescue facilities and more
“The technicians all agree that the trainers were well informed and very willing to stop to answer questions throughout the day. We are very excited to have found a great resource with a facility in Iowa. We look forward to working with you again soon and to visit or train at your facility. Please tell the trainers ‘Great Job!'”
– Siemens Gamesa