The full GWO Basic Safety Training course is the global standard for safety qualifications in the Wind Energy sector. Technicians traditionally take the four core modules: Fire Awareness, First Aid, Manual Handling and Working at Height with Sea Survival available as an elective module.
The full GWO Basic Technical Training course is the global standard for technical qualifications in the Wind Energy sector. v8 of BTT covers four core modules: Bolt Tightening Mechanical, Electrical, and Hydraulic with Installation available as an add-on module or in conjunction with Mechanical.
Advanced rescue training for technicians who have completed the GWO Basic Safety Training Working at Height module. ART covers both hub and nacelle group rescue and individual rescue scenarios across four modules.
The full GWO Control of Hazardous Energies. course includes the modules; Basic Safety, Electrical Safety, Pressure Fluid Safety. These modules enable individuals to manage the risks associated with each form of energy found in a wind turbine environment.
The GWO lift course ensures participants learn to take responsibility to support and care for themselves and others while operating and working on a lift in the wind industry.
*Ask a team member about adding a 3S Lift user cert to the GWO training.
A range of technical courses designed to develop technical competence and job skills for beginner and intermediate technicians.
STL USA has three options for technical training
- Basic Intro off-the-shelf program
- Basic Intro Plus off-the-shelf program
- Bespoke training packages – employers can select from a large range of skills and combine wind-specific and foundational modules to build a program for their specific needs.
The low and high voltage electrical safety training to standard NFPA 70E is a wind-specific, face-to-face training program designed to equip wind technicians with the electrical safety knowledge, best work practices in electrical safety, and how to apply them in real-world situations.
3 week accreditation course
- GWO – Basic Safety, Basic Technical, plus elective (Advanced Rescue or BTT Installation, or Control of Hazardous Energy)
- NFPA 70E Low and High Voltage
- Free access to WindTech.careers job portal
4 week accreditation + technical course
- All of the above, plus
- 5 day technical introduction to wind turbines (Schematics, Troubleshoot, Motor controls, DMM, AC/DC basics)
GWO bundle training courses combine GWO training with a range of additional certifications to offer you the best value training solutions for your wind technicians. GWO bundle training courses include BST and confined space awareness, CoHE & NFPA 70E, and a whole lot more to help maximize your training budget.
Face to face confined space awareness training
- Designed for those individuals who are responsible for managing and overseeing employees working in confined space activities.
- 1/2 day course